Saturday, June 11, 2011

Updates

May just flew by.  With the kids finishing school, 2 cousins graduating from high school and Jessie's work trip, we were busy little bees.  But it was a good month.  The kids are growing and getting along well, for the most part.  We have made progress in our adoption journey and we are planning a trip to Texas for next month to see family and friends that we haven't seen in way too long.  We did get new windows which have been awesome! 

We have started our summer activities.  Dietrich is doing mighty sluggers this summer and Evelyn is doing bowling.  They are enjoying their summer so far.  We went to the theater and saw Kung Fu Panda 2 which was great and we have had Damien and Isaac over twice already to spend the night. 

I have discovered that I am a runner.  I love running!  I did a 5K in May and it was great.  My time was actually better than expected, especially since there were hills and I didn't train for hills.  Evelyn and Dietrich also did a mile fun run with me in May.  I hope to encourage my kids to be active from a young age so that they will be healthy and enjoy be active well into their adulthood.  I joined Weight Watchers in Feb. and so far have lost 16.4 pounds!  That is just over 10% of starting weight and about half of what I need to lose to get down to a good weight for me.  Not sure I will make it down to 125 pounds, but I am going to try.  I am loving how energetic I feel already and can't wait to see what else I can do.  I do turn 30 this year and I am trying to start it off right. 

Anyways, kiddos want to play on the computer, so I will write more later.  Get out there and enjoy life!

No comments:

Post a Comment