Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thankful post #1

Since Thanksgiving is only a few weeks away, the thankful challenge has started.  Each day we give thanks for something in our lives.  Most people are doing it on facebook, but I am slow to start so I decided to do it on my blog.

Day #1

Today I am thankful for my best friend.  She has been with me for almost 16 years now and she pushes me to be a better person.  She supports me and is always there to help me when I am struggling with anything.  She is a great friend and a great person and I am so glad that she invited me to her 16th birthday party.  How bland and boring my life would be without her to have adventures with.  Thanks Nicole for being you!


Day #2

Today I am thankful for my husband.  He isn't always on his best behavior,  :~P  but I love him!  He supports me and our family by working very hard at a job that he doesn't always want to do.  He loves me and our children and lets us follow our dreams.  He has been very supportive of my desire to be a stay at home mom and he still does his fair share with the kids and the house.


Day #3

Today I am thankful for my eldest, Devan.  He has taught me more about being a parent than I thought he would.  He is 16 now, but I can still picture him as the adorable toddler I first met 14 years ago.  He is so strong and has been through so much at such a young age, but it has helped shape him into a wonderful young man.  He is a people person who knows no fear when it comes to new people or situations.  He is very musically gifted and he loves using his talent. 


Day #4

Today I am thankful for my beautiful daughter, Evelyn.  She truly has been a gift in my life.  I am thankful that we had to wait for her, it made us appreciate her more.  She is outgoing and crazy and fun and so like me that it is kind of scary!  She is a mix of girly-girl and tomboy that keeps you guessing!


Day #5

Today I am thankful for my middle child, Dietrich.  He is stubborn and inquisitive and wonderful all at the same time.  I think he must be a miniature Jessie, which means I am in trouble when those teen years come.  He has a thirst for knowledge which is amazing and I love his personality!  He has been a great addition for our family and I can't wait to see what he does with his life.


Day #6

Today I am thankful for my youngest daughter, Savannah.  We worked hard to get pregnant with both Evelyn and Dietrich and I always said that it would be nice to have a surprise pregnancy.  Savannah was ours.  It was wonderful and she has been a great teacher for us.  She has taught us patience and she will be a great tester of that patience when she becomes a teenager.  She continually surprises me with what she can do or figure out.  She is a delight to have in our family.


Day #7

Today I am thankful for my youngest, Timothy.  I always thought I would have 4 kids, but Heavenly Father had other plans in mind.  When we adopted Devan, I said that I wanted to adopt another child.  I wanted a baby that I would bring home from the hospital and Timothy was the unexpected way it happened.  I didn't think I would have 2 children only 6 months apart but I couldn't say no to that adorable baby.  I am so thankful that we have him as our youngest.  With his deafness, he has forced us to slow down and really enjoy every day.  We have been so blessed to really enjoy this time with him as a baby and a toddler and now to see him as a young kid, it is amazing.  And it has forced us to make sure we enjoy where each of our children are in their development. 


Day #8

Today I am thankful for my husband's grandfather.  Right off the bat, he welcomed me into his family and made me feel like one of his.  He was always so straight forward with me and never made me feel dumb or unimportant.  He was an amazing person who raised a great family and made sure to take care of his own.  He was loved by every member of his family and respected by everyone he met.

Day #9

Today I am thankful for Harry Foster.  He has been a great friend to my family.  He has been there for both my husband and I throughout our lives.  He has been a grandfather figure for my children and involved in many blessed events.  He is a great man and since he is the father-in-law of my best friend, I am pretty sure that he will continue to be a great influence in our lives.

Day # 10

Today I am thankful for the gospel.  It has been a great gift in my life.  It has helped me to find more meaning in my life and to guide me in the choices I make.  It makes me a better person and strengthens me.  I love that when I have questions I can turn to the scriptures or to talks given by our general authorities to help guide my choices. 

And so I am up to date on my thankful challenge.  I will probably fall behind before I post again, but keep checking, there will be more.

No comments:

Post a Comment