Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thankful Post #2

Told ya I would get behind again....

Day #11

Today I am thankful for my wonderful home teachers.  One has been recently reassigned, but still didn't hesitate to come over and give me a blessing when I asked.  They have been good friends, always willing to help and a great example to my children on what the priesthood should be.

Day #12

Today I am grateful for my visiting teachers.  Over the years I have had quite a few visiting teachers, and they have all tried to be helpful and friendly.  My current visiting teachers are two of the nicest, sweetest ladies around.   Not only do they visit me monthly, they often text to check up on us and are always asking what they can do to help me.  They are showing me how I want to be as a visiting teacher and I have high hopes that our relationship will continue to grow even if I get new visiting teachers.

Day #13

Today I am grateful for the wonderful doctors and nurses we have.  I had my very first surgery today and I was a bit anxious about it.  All my nurses and the doctors took the time to talk with me and reassure me.  Their kindness and skill made me feel more at ease about my surgery and helped everything go according to schedule.

Day #14

Today I am thankful for the ward that I live in. I have made some really nice friends in my ward who I know are always willing to help. I have also had some great callings where I have been forced to grow and step outside my comfort zone. I know the gospel is the same no matter where you are, but I feel truly blessed to be a part of such a great ward.

Day #15

Today I am thankful for my home.  As I am recovering from surgery, I am grateful for a nice, warm, comfy bed to lay in.  I am grateful for a nice TV to watch to help pass the time and for my kindle that let's me read book after book.  It also helps my piece of mind to know my kids are safe and taken care of while I recover!

Day #16

Today I am thankful for good friends.  We would be so lost without friends to love and support us.  Sometimes the only thing I want to do is hang out and forget my worries and I am so blessed to have great friends to do that with.  I have never been one to make friends easily so this is truly a great gift to me.

Day #17

Today I am thankful for my mother!  Not only does she love me unconditionally, she tries her very best to always be there for me.  She has been very helpful in my recovery and peace of mind this past week.  She has done her best to raise all of her children the right way, but has never judged them or squashed their dreams.  When we make mistakes, she is right there beside us, helping us fix it.  I have been blessed by my mother.

Day #18

Today I am grateful for my calling.  This is one of the longest callings I have had, a year and a half.   It is also the one I was most terrified of when I received it.  Being a Relief Society Teacher definitely pushes me outside my comfort zone.  I don't like being the center of attention and often feel inadequate to be teaching the sisters, but I do my best every month and it is getting just a tiny bit easier!  I have grown in this calling, in my understanding of the gospel and in the way I see others.  I used to look at the "spiritual giants"  (my term) of my ward and assume they had always been right where they needed to be and that they were near perfection now.  Through this calling, I have come to see that everyone of the "spiritual giants"  is just an imperfect person like me and they have all made mistakes.  This gives me hope that one day I might be a "spiritual giant", at least in my mind, and that just because I am just starting on my path, I will continue to move along it and grow.

Day #19

Today I am thankful for school vacations.  I know that by the end of the week the kids will be crazy, but I love sleeping in and having lazy days with my kids.  They grow so quickly and I just want to enjoy these moments.  They are great kids, most of the time, and I don't slow down as often as I would like to and appreciate them.  School vacations give me just that opportunity.

Day #20

Today I am thankful for plain old everyday illnesses.  Timmy gave us quite the fright this morning.  He woke up with blood coming out of his ear.  Scary enough on its own, but because of his cochlear implants, we tend to worry about every little ear thing.  Thankfully, it was just an ear infection and an abrasion on his inner ear.  With medicine, he should clear up in about a week.

Day #21

Today I am thankful for Weight Watchers.  I started the program about a month ago and so far have lost 4.8 pounds.  It is a great program and it helps me be accountable for what I eat and how much I work out.  I hope to continue to do well on the program, especially with Thanksgiving and Christmas coming up.

Day #22

Today I am grateful for having such a fun and friendly extended family.  There were 24 of us together for Thanksgiving this year and is was a blast!  It was a great day filled with family and great food.  The weather was beautiful too, so we got to enjoy some time outside with the relatives too.

Day #23

Today I am thankful for a great Black Friday shopping experience.  Jessie and I decided to go to Target last night for their early sale.  We only stood in line outside for about 40 minutes and then we were in and out of the store in less than an hour with everything we had gone in for.  That is how Black Friday should be instead of the horror stories of people getting trampled for a good deal.

Day #24

Today I am thankful for great movies.  I will be the first to admit that the Twilight series is not the most amazing stories and that the movies are not the best.  However, Breaking Dawn Part 2 was awesome!  I won't give it away to those who haven't seen it yet, but well worth a viewing and a great ending to the movie.  The best one by far!

Day #25

Today I am thankful for good teachers.  Our Sunday school teacher is a good discussion leader.  I often feel when I am teaching, that I am just lecturing, but Bro. H is really great at getting a discussion going every week in Sunday school.  I hope to learn that skill.  He also teaches and clarifies passages of the scriptures very well.  I also really enjoy the other teachers in relief society.  It is clear that they put a lot of time and effort into preparing their lessons and I learn something each week.

Two more days and I will be caught up, but it will have to wait until next time.

1 comment: